Posting this infamous picture is now routine and tormenting. Tragically, every week there are more reminders of White House hubris and foolishness. The headlines and the stories with their implications will not stop.
Mary Tillman told the Washington Post on Saturday that she believes that evidence of a crime has existed all along, and that the family's repeated calls for a criminal investigation were ignored until now.
``It is completely obvious that this should have been done from the very beginning,'' she said. ``The military has had every opportunity to do the right thing, and they haven't. They knew all along that something was seriously wrong, and they just wanted to cover it up.''
War with Iran is not out of the question: Washington said to be looking at deadline for Iran.
The potential for Iraq Civil War does not abate: Iraq civil war will be tough test for US military.
When history reviews the last one hundred years, our grandchildren will remember:
- Hitler for the Holocaust and the slaughter of six million Jews and millions of other ethnic Europeans;
- Stalin for slaughtering millions of his own innocent comrades;
- Churchill for inspiring a nation and two continents to resist oppression to the end;
- Kennedy and Johnson for their good intentions but their tragic misunderstanding of communism, civil war, and nationalism;
- President Truman and Generals Marshall and Eisenhower for rebuilding Europe and knowing how to stand over a fallen enemy shining democracy and justice;
- Pol Pot demonstrating that genocide is not the monopoly of white perpetrators;
- Ricard Nixon for destabilizing Southeast Asia beyond the borders of Vietnam, resulting in deaths and misery for countless millions;
- George W. Bush for
- spending his college years in a goddamn drunken stupor and not understanding history.
- the arrogance to think that despite his spoiled dilettante upbringing and vapid military dodge, he could inspire like Kennedy or command the respect in crisis like LBJ.
- that by looking at pictures of Churchill he could motivate with platitudes,homilies, back-slapping and the assignation of nicknames.
- learning absolutely nothing about nation building from General Marshall.
- failing to understand that while the acts of Pol Pot, Hitler, and Stalin were deliberate and calculated, his own miscalculations brought death and misery to millions of people all over the world.
We all know that the "Road to Hell is paved with good intentions," means that well intended acts can have disastrous consequences. Bush's road was never well intended; it was self serving, mean spirited, and stupid.