The right side of the Cheddarsphere is reacting to Jessica McBride's losing her WTMJ radio gig by blaming the lefty bloggers who criticised her, and finding ways to attack them. The most recent took aim at Jim Rowen, who, like many others, have found McBride an easy and obvious target.
In the spirit of full disclosure:
- In my college days, I knew one of Jessica McBride's relatives, Joe.
- Jim Rowen and I have been friends for forty years.
- I served on a political panel with Jim's father, Hobart, a columnist for the Washington Post.
- I know Susan McGovern and I have been to her homes in Madison and Washington D.C.
- I supported Senator McGovern and hold him in the highest esteem.
- My bicycle cost more than $800.
- One of my daughters attends the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and took a course from Jessica McBride.
- Another McBride relative wrote an excellent article on Milwaukee poverty.
- I have written several posts about Jessica McBride, including, Channeling Jessica McBride, which is very funny.
- I like the White Sox and hate the Brewers.
- Though I hate the Brewers, I go to several of their games each season, especially if I can get free tickets.
- I have little use for Mark Belling, though I do find Charlie Sykes instructive and, at times, entertaining.
- The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel needs a boost.
- I own three dogs and four cats.
That said, I like Jim Rowen and really don't care what happens to Jessica McBride.
It makes sense that McBride's work be evaluated in its entirety. Yikes.
(The best source for all things McBride is "Wallah!")